It's time to buckle in for an extra crazy long wacky roller coaster of an episode as the crew dives deep into the final arc of Adventure 02.
We discuss BlackWarGreymon's butt, cards used for Myotismon's gate, and dark spores as a puberty metaphor, and argue about Mount Fuji lakes. Jeff talks about DigiDestined privelege and the cost of amibtion, Ashley dissects the difference between dreams and wishes, and Asher highlights 02's emphasis on inheritance and influence. We also discuss each character's illusion scenario, wade through the epilogue, and evaluate the final arc as a conclusion to 02.
- 0:10:35: [Hey Digimon!] On Mexican representation
- 0:11:39: [dotyawning] On MarineAngemon
- 0:12:18: [John Summers] On rewriting 02 scenario
- 0:13:10: [Ocelotl Chimalpahin] On Japanese ethnic diversity
- 0:15:48: [Ocelotl Chimalpahin] On Ken's dark gate moment and empathy
- 0:17:39: [bbrode] On Imperialdramon flashback
- 0:18:35: [nan] On Imperialdramon flashback
- 0:19:06: [Martin Papapotolou] Listener UQ: Agumon's head stuck
- 0:20:23: [alexnichele] Listener UQ: Joe discouraging TK from fighting
- 0:20:54: [alexnichele] Listener RDD: Dropping bus
- 0:21:06: [Martin Papapotolou] Listener RDD: Running after truck
(Show image attributions)
Our intro music is “Here We Go” by Jason Gochin, and our transition and outro music is “I'm Going Digital” by Jasan Radford. Both are available on the soundtrack for Digimon: The Movie. Ad music is by Eric Skiff.
- Ep. 46: “Duel of the WarGreymon”
- Ep. 47: “BlackWarGreymon's Destiny”
- Ep. 48: “Oikawa's Shame”
- Ep. 49: “The Last Temptation of the DigiDestined”
- Ep. 50: “A Million Points of Light”
The fallen people will invoke the name of the undead Digimon king and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast...